For my sweet Sophia

Sophia has been having a bit of a rough time of late.  She had some bullying going on at school, and with the end of year coming up nothing really got done about it despite me being told it was.  We had a lovely break over Christmas and were hoping to start new with the kids being in different classes, but it's continuing.

So after lots and lots of talking and reassuring we are back on track for a stellar year, but I wanted to make her something to have as a visual reminder that I love her and that she is strong, kind and deserving of love.

I saw this new digi image at Tiddly Inks and thought it looked exactly like Sophia! Plus she's obsessed with Daschunds!!  So I coloured it up with her hair colour, a cute white shirt with blue stripes and a pair of blue jeans.  I also coloured the little Doxie in her favourite colour - dark and light brown.


As you can see we have an entire pack of Daschunds! There's Lola (adopted from Ikea), Penny (adopted from Peter Alexander), Luna (Pop Vinyl) and Savanna (Littlest Pet Shop) - Sophia's squad.  They're fairly low maintenance but tend to take over the couch lol

I layered my card with blue cardstock and patterned paper.  I used a fine black pen to doodle borders and then added a yellow ribbon and bow.  Lastly, I added some gloss to the little Doxie's nose, eyes and Sophia's shoes.

I have joined the following challenges:

Crazy for Challenges - Opposites (w)
Cardz TV - Anything Goes (w)
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes (w)
Craftaholics R Us - Ribbon (w)



4 comments

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful image, coloring, and card. Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

Linda Mc Enery said...

I am so sad to hear that your precious Sophia is having to deal with nasty people making her life a misery. This is a wonderful reminder for her that she is valuable and treasured. That really is a lovely stamp and beautifully coloured. Such a cute card! Wishing you both strength and love
Linda

Linda Mc Enery said...

I think I forgot to thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 364 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x