Baby Dragon

I love dragons, there's something magical about them, and how they make appearances in so many of my favourite books.

I've chosen this cutie from MelJen's Designs (no longer open) to colour with my Copics.  I thought greens and yellows was a nice neutral colour for a baby.  I used lots of paper scraps from my stash and even dug out my Cuttlebug for some texture!
I ran my background paper through my Cuttlebug and then gently sanded the pattern.  I also distressed the edges of the papers and doodled a border on my image.  I added letter stickers, twill tape, gems and liquid pearls.

The gems give the card a nice sparkle, and there is also gloss on the little dragons horns, spikes and toes.

I have joined the following challenges:

Do-Al (l) Creatives - Something New
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Something New
Crafting With an Attitude - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Something New
Dream Valley Challenges - Something New

3 comments

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a shame MelJen is no longer around. Her images were super cute and your doodled edge suits this style so well! Love your gorgeous green creation hun. Popping in today to wish you a wonderful 2017. May it be filled with love, laughter, health and plenty of uninterrupted crafty hours! Thanks so much for all your help with SGC these past few months while I was AWOL. You've been a complete star! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Alex said...

Aaaawww that's a very cute Baby Card! I love the colours and the very sweet Dragon Image! I would like to invite you to visit our new challenge blog and Show us your fab creation please! Really awesome!!!

Alex
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
Alex' Kreative Seite

Nicola Gold said...

Oh this is super sweet. It's been a while since I saw a MelJen's image used. I love this one. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' January 2017.
Nicola DT Amethyst Lily Designs