It's a fiesta!

I am having so much fun in the Australian Art Swap Group on Facebook.  For this swap we had to make 2 4x6 cards and decorate with the Mexican Fiesta theme.

This is one of my favourite themes as I love all the bright and vibrant colours, not to mention the banners, atmosphere and sugar skulls!  What's not to like?!

The first card has pictures of Fiesta with some cute little cacti that I cut out and hung as bunting.  I got the images for the cacti from Sel De Viking and then cut them out with scissors.  I strung them with thread and affixed with white brads.  I created a rosette using orange Bazzill and tucked in some black tulle and feathers.  The sugar skull is actually a picture of a cookie that I found on Pinterest.  I glossed it and added jewels.

The second card has bright flowers and a shiny pinata picture, jewels, sequins, beads, flowers, a doilie and shiny moustache.  I inked the edges of all pictures and the edge of both cards.

A little close up - can you see the little redback spider?

Here you can see all the layers, gems and shine on the moustache.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments