Hungry Hungry Hungry

Have you ever been so hungry you ate through a sausage, a pickle, a cupcake, some plums and a pear?  Haha well I can't say I've eaten through all that in one meal, but I do know someone who did.  The Hungry Caterpillar!  I've loved the Hungry Caterpillar since I started working with children, the vibrant colours, patterns and the storyline of the little caterpillar who grew to become a beautiful butterfly.  I have a very well worn copy of the book that I have read to many many children along with the help of Hungry himself, and a beautiful bright yellow blanket with a butterfly on.

So it's no surprise that I've made a pocket letter in this theme!

I've used lots of patterned papers, and pictures from the book, I also had on hand an activity book full of stickers.  I made some paperclips - one with some Hungry Caterpillar ribbon and some sequins.  I punched some holes in some leaves and added them along with some felt leaves and tiny bunting.  Lastly I added some goodies and a letter.
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments

Cindy Gay said...

Oh this is fun!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Too cute Sarah! My kiddos loved Hungry Caterpillar! Zac's teacher has several chrysalis in the class right now that the kids are watching, so we've been talking about the hungry caterpillar lately. Kids so marvel at this stuff. I love it! Utterly fab pocket letter hun. Hugs, Wends x