Under the Sea

As soon as this swap popped up over at Pocket Letter Pals, I knew I had to join in.  The theme was Under the Sea, and I immediately thought of Ariel.

I used some blue gingham patterned paper and then added some pictures that I found on Pinterest.  I inked the edges of each of the pictures and then adhered them to the background paper.

I added some gold sparkly letters for the word "Ariel", I created some paperclips using 2 iron on images - a fish and whale, I created a seahorse from Hama beads and a shaker pocket with my Fuse Tool.

I love all the blues of this page, and the pops of red from Ariel.  I incorporated Ariel fan art with pictures of colourful reefs.  I believe one of the reef shots is where Nemo lives - ooh I could make a Nemo pocket next!  I should do an underwater series!

As you can tell I'm a little addicted to pocket letters!

Here's a little close up - the paperclips are nice and blingy, and sparkle in the light.  The Hama beads were fun to create as I've never used them before!
All you need to create a Fused pocket shaker is one pocket from a pocket letter, a Fuse tool and some sequins and beads.  I drew a starfish shape on paper and then placed the pocket over the image.  I traced the starfish over the image til it was nearly sealed.  I put all the sequins and beads inside and then sealed the pocket.  Because it was so clear, I used my Sharpie marker to draw an outline.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh how I really LOVE this!!!! The little Mermaid is my FAVORITE Disney movie!!!!