A mad hatters tea party

Well if you saw my last post about the Alice in Wonderland themed invites, you'll understand why there was a tea party.  My daughter had her 12th birthday party at a gorgeous tea house and we thought Alice was a fitting theme.  To the left you can see the thank you bag and water bottle that I created for the event.

I used some plain white gift bags as my canvas and then set about decorating with left over papers from Graphic 45 that I used on the invites.

Then I printed out 6 digital images of Alice and coloured them with my copics.  The image is part of a set from The Greeting Farm.

I created my own little template for the waterbottle carrier.  It's just a rectangle with a hole punched in one end and the other end folded up and secured with two brads.  I added bottle tops, pre-made flowers, tulle/ribbon, faux diamonds a playing card and twine.
I also hung little tags off the side of the bags with felt hears and a little quote.  They can be used as a book mark or to hang from their school bag later.
Here's the bottle with the straw I decorated with a little flag that says "drink me".  The girls loved this as the flag stopped the straw from going all the way into the bottle.  The packet in the pocket is strawberry flavouring which I was told was really nice.

And here's a couple of my favourite photos from the party:
This is the cake that I created - it's not Alice themed cause my daughter loves piggies - but I added some tea cup and tea pot candles anyway!
And then there's the ladies at the party - Amber is in black and my youngest, Sophia, is on her left.

Challenges I have joined:
Pan Pastel Uk Challenge Blog - Girly theme
Little Scrap Pieces - Birthday
Nutcrafters - Something beginning with B (Bag, birthday, bottle, bow, bottle cap, blue & white twine)
A gem of a challenge - Frenzy of flowers (there's even flowers around the cake!)
Emergency Crafters - Mad as a March hare
The Altered Alice - Mad as a March hare
Make it Monday

14 comments

Rene said...

This is just adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week with your fabulous project! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week!
Rene :D

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous creations, love the sweet designs and that cake looks yummy!!!. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Pink Gem xx

Sue said...

Such gorgeous creations. I love the designs and beautiful detailing.

Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge this week

Your cake looks wonderful too and a lovely photo of your daughter's party, it looks like she had a great time!
Sue xx

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! What a wonderful Alice-themed ensemble! I love all the wonderful details, charming!

Jayne said...

Wow,I love your decorated bag and water bottle. Fabulous details. Thanks for sharing at LSP.
Jayne x

DonnaMundinger said...

What a wonderful party! Your Alice themed favors are just amazing. thanks for sharing with The Altered Alice. xxD

Faye said...

Fabulous Projects and colors. I saw this on MIM. Faye

Claire said...

wow I bet that was a fun party, such a creative project and sooooo pretty too. Thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Karen said...

omg what a fabulous party that must have been I am sure she will remember it forever. Love your whole thought process from the water bottles to the treat bags outstanding! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at LSP Karen

Carole Z said...

What fabulous creations! Thank you for joining in with Mad as a March Hare at Emergency Crafters, Carole Z X

Shelly said...

Looks like a fun Tea party! Your projects are great and the cake looks YUMMY!

Thank you for joining us a Little Scrap Pieces!
Shelly

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great B-day Party theme! My Daughter just turned 12 too! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So adorable, I love the sweet image. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
Lindsay xx

Sylvia x said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely projects with us at Nutcrafters. Looks like the girls had a fab time at the party with their very pretty dresses :)

Good luck in the challenges

Sylvia x