Touchdown!!

I don't even know if it IS football season (in any part of the world) or what to do DURING football season - as you can tell I'm not a fan.  Our house is more Cricket fan than football, and that's when hubby takes over the tv until Christmas and the world passes him by.... but I digress.

I did know what to do with this gorgeous football birdie digi from Doodle Pantry though.  It's one of the new releases this month.  In the set you'll find pre-coloured and lined digis, papers and sentiments.  I chose to colour my own birdie in the New Orleans Saints colours.  I have a friend who is a big fan, so I made this card for her.  I added the number 9 to the birdie's jersey as that is Drew Brees' number.  Yes I had to do a lot of research for this card, colours, numbers and of course the right sized googly eyes!

Now about this card.  I used some pre-cut papers for the background.  I just trimmed it for the card, then I used some washi tape for the green and tape for the virtical strips.  I thought the tape measure looked a bit like the lines that the US football fields have along their border.  I used a flower for the scalloped edge around the main image, and I touched up some of the background paper with a gloss pen.
The flower is a little raised off the washi tape and twine.  I distressed the edge of the stamped image a little before finishing off with a doodled border.  I also used a gold pen to colour the helmet, numbers and lines on the jersey.

This card has been created for these challenges:


13 comments

Glittered Paws said...

Super cute - great coloring - I'm going to make my hubbys birthday card using this set. Great job.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely beautiful card, great image. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge, good luck cheers Sue x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This turned out so charming - love the colors and the little touchdown saying.

Linda Anderson said...

Now isn't that a sweetie of a card!!! Love it Sarah.

Linda

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this is adorable...hope you have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Glenda Atkins said...

Cool card, love the googly eyes, your fab colouring and those wonderful papers!

Judith said...

Aw how cute - a fab boys card - love it! - thanks for playing along at inky impressions this week hugs Judith x

ps pleass consider removing word verification - so far I have tried 6 times and still can't publish this comment - if you get it you know it was lucky 7th - time - but I wont try again - sorry

Sarah said...

Thanks Judith, but I don't have word verification on this blog as it IS difficult to leave comments. I'm sorry you had troubles leaving a comment and appreciate that you took the time to try :)

sgc said...

Sarah--very cute card (and it is football season here!) Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Flowergirl said...

Very cute card!
Thanks for joining in with The Cutie Pies this time,
Wendy x

Unknown said...

Sarah this is darling! Little Birdie seems to be in love with football. He is so cute on your beautiful card. Love the Washi tape and how the black makes the card just pop!
hugs,
Ellen

Min said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!
Fabulous project! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again tomorrow for our Anything Goes challenge.
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Lisa Jane said...

oh i know nothing about football.. but know this is a cute little card .. love the design
Thanks for joining us at OBAG this fortnight
Lisa x