I'm driving a Hybrid!

Card that is - or would that be broom?  Yep this is my first Hybrid card!  I've used digi papers on my cards before but for this card I created the entire thing in PSP and then printed and embellished it.

Okay so what did I do?  First I chose my digi images, which come from Pickleberry Pop and are in the Picklebarrel for $1!!  If you want to create with this theme set they can be found {here} & {here}.  Then using PSP I basically created a layout.  I used a sketch from Sketchy Colours, and layered my digi papers accordingly.

Then I printed the image out on white cardstock, destressed the edges and set about embellishing it.  I added some green ribbon, some googly eyes, some liquid pearls and some gloss.  I also had a go at using some of my new chunky embossing powder, then when it hardened I added some red stickles (in a dripping blood fashion).  The little bat guy up there - Count Dracula was embellished with googly eyes, and had his cape 3d-ified and glossed.  The base card was roughly stamped with the actual stamp pad and I dragged it around a bit to pronounce the texture of the card.  Then I adhered the finished digi image onto the card.
You can see the colours a lot better in this photo - I took the photos just on dusk, so the light was limited.  As you can see the sentiment (which I made up) is raised on 3D foam dots along with Dracula's cape and the bloody/foamy dripping stuff under the ribbon.

I can't wait for Halloween - second to Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year!!

Challenges:

15 comments

Céline said...

fab layout!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful Halloween colors and I love the design. Great card.
Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. We would love to have you join us again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

Jannhild said...

Awsome Halloweencard! Lovely!
Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchy Colors This week!!
Hugs, Jannhild

Unknown said...

Great card!! Love how you combined everything! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge. Hope to see you back with us next week.
z

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your layout and the colors choices (especially that blue) were just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabuous design work on this card, loving all the details!

GiGi said...

What a super fun card! I love the different layers and google eyes! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

NancyD said...

Cute little card. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create. NancyD

Lisa Jane said...

whata fabulous project ..Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

Amanda Phillips said...

This is awesome..Lovin the teeth and googly eyes! Thank you for joining us over at love to create challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

Crafty and Green said...

So Super Cute!! Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. Please Come back and play with us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Cely said...

This is so super super cute! Perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Cely said...

Also, don't forget to post our PTT blinkie on your sidebar to be eligible for prizes! I didn't see one... The prize patrol will check! :)

dawnmercedes said...

On behalf of the partyplanners over at Party Time Tuesdays...thanks for joining our color combo challenge! Have a spook tacular Halloween!

ddazzled71 said...

This is fang-tabulous! I love the colors and the googly eyes. Thanks so much for joining us at PTT this past week. I do hope you will join us again soon!
Danie xx