Sunflowers

Don't you think sunflowers are the biggest and brightest flowers there are!  They follow the sun all day and then when their petals begin to fall they make birds happy with all of their seedy goodness!

When I saw this digi I knew I had to make it big and 3D.  I used a pre-coloured digi image from Doodle Pantry.  I printed two copies of the flower and cut out one to be the top layer.  I took care to omit any of the petals that would be behind the top layer.  I used my craft knife to very carefully cut out the petels and then gave them a little curl.  I added some black bling to the centre (I really wanted to use my seed beads, but do you think I could find them?!).  Then I glossed up the petals and the leaves of the bottom layer.  I joined the two layers together with 3D foam tape and then went ahead and cut around the whole finished flower to put on my card.

I used a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches - which Doodle Pantry is sponsoring this week.
My base cardstock was embossed in my Cuttlebug and then gently sanded so that the core colour comes through - this is the bit that I distressed, to join in the Cute Card Thursday challenge.  Then I used some lace paper as my strips and white card for my sentiment and big circle.
Here's a little closeup of this gorgeous flower.  I love the dimension the black bling gives the centre of the flower - I'm so glad I didn't find my beads!  I also doodled all the black borders you see on the card.

Come and join me at Tuesday Morning Sketches for their challenge #156 and use some of your favourite digi images from Doodle Pantry!

9 comments

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wowzers! I think this is a gorgeous card! I love the embossing and the black lace! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous!!! The embossed soft green bg is so pretty!! I love that big bold flower!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Linda Anderson said...

Wowza, this is STUNNING!!! Absolutely beautiful! Love the dimension of the flower as well as the added embellies!!

Linda

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous Sarah, your work on the sunflower is so detailed and the bling in the center is fabulous! Love how you sanded the embossing, it really looks great! Love this card!

Melissa Craig said...

GORGEOUS!! I love sunflowers, they are one of very favorites. How you added dimension is perfect and love the bling for the center. Great job on the card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I just love the layering and gorgeous details.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh Gosh! So pretty and looks real - love the touch on teh center of the flower!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely stunning! I love sunflowers, and the gems in the centre just show it off so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

Donna said...

Love the colors and how you Popped up the flower. Great dimension on this card!