Use your Christmas stash

Do you ever have so much Christmas or holiday paper that you don't know what to do with it once the holiday has passed?  Well I say get it out and use it!  Obviously some papers can be a little tricky as they are obviously themed but the papers you see to the left are ALL Christmas themed and I have used them on a non-Christmas layout.

When I look at these photos I knew that the "holiday" colours would fit nicely, and the patterns all seem to go well together.  I used a sketch from Sketchabilities to help me put everything together and then added some embellies.  I think I've had that background paper forever, so it was nice to pull it out of my stash and finally put it to use!  As for the other papers, they were from my scrap bin.  The butterflies are from my goodie bag that my Sassy sister Kelly sent me one swap.  I glossed them up a bit, along with the spots on one of the strips of pp.
Here's a little close up of the butterflies, the stacked flower and my tags.  The pink tag was made using my Cuttlebug.

If you want some more inspiration on what to use all the Christmas paper for - pop on over to Practical Scrappers - we've created a whole feature for you!

4 comments

Sherry C said...

Pretty layout! I love the idea of using up that extra Christmas paper! :)

Melissa said...

What lovely ideas!! I am guilty of only pulling that paper out around the holidays. Thanks for the inspiration.

Callie @ Scrap Happy NZ said...

Good idea and great page, your right the papers do a great job of giving the page a wonderful holiday feel!

Thanks for your comment on my page, I definitely recommend printing out your camera phone snaps! Even if they're hazy, playing around with filter effects on photo editing software can make it seem part of the design :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Super layout, great way to use Christmas wrap!!