Happy Birthday Amy!

It was my BFF's birthday on the 17th, so I made her a card using MelJen designs digital images.  I added some sparkle to the dots and coloured the image using Copics.  I also used The Sweet Stop (SSS108) sketch for the design of the card.

To add to this - I threw my best friend a small birthday party when she came over today!  We had her favourite cupcakes (Devil's Food) and chocolate icing (Betty Crocker).  I then added a small edible flower and her name to each cake.  There was also lollies, chips, salsa and pizza.  I bought her some pampering goodies, just for her, since she's just had her third baby - and I thought she deserved to relax a little.  I found the most wonderful Raspberry shower gel and milk bath at The Body Shop - along with sponge and lipbalm.  We had a wonderful time catching up with each other while her 2 and my 2 children played indoors and out (until the rain came and shooshed us all inside).  I ended up setting the kids up at the table with paints and ceramic animals.  It kept them busy for ages and they got to take them home.

Here's a close up of my card.
You can just make out the sparkle, and the colours look so much nicer here.  This card has a lot of dimension with each paper block raised on foam tape.  I also used my bow easy for the bow - it's so much easier to get it perfect and make sure that the pattern is all on the right side!
And these are the cupcakes - very simple, but oh so yummy!

2 comments

Carla said...

That is an adorable card...Im sure she loved it.

Just Jaime said...

Sounds like so much fun!