A Challenge!

Oh I've been scrapping all weekend and it's been wonderful!!   The rain has been pouring and my mojo has been flying!

I decided to use a challenge for this layout.  My fellow Sassy Sister Cathy made an awesome sketch for the Ideas for Scrapbookers Blog - as soon as I saw it I knew I had to use these pool photos.  It's a fantastic sketch for using some of my scraps, and I could also use this fibre which sparkles like water in the sun!

A few tricks I used in this layout were: first I found the white dots in the background a little too bright, so I started to sand the paper - would you believe the blue of the background bleed into the white dots and create a nice muted white!  I also used my stamp pad to stamp lightly over my journaling card, so it wasn't so bright either.  The fiber was stitched to my layout a little bit at a time by hand, in the shapes and curves I wanted.  All you need is a steady hand and sometimes to pre-pierce the paper when you want the hole to be, instead of just blindly pushing the needle up from underneath.


It's a little hard to see in the first photo, but the title is made of sparkly blue bling!  I also added some water droplets to follow the water theme.

Here's a closeup of the fiber - it has ribbon and sparkly sequins in it and looks so pretty in real life.

Don't forget to pop over to Cathy's or Idea's for Scrapbookers for more inspiration and sketches!

7 comments

senora_x said...

Love the title work, that sequined fiber, and design! Great page!

Sue said...

Wonderful LO and thanl you I bookmarked the sketch blog. I am always looking for new scrapbooking sketchs....

Catherine said...

Great LO...I love how it's all sparkly and fun just like the pool.

Jade Cook said...

i love the jeweled world pool and the fibers are so cute!!

Gina K said...

Wonderful LO. I love how you muted the background paper. That title turned out awesome!

Unknown said...

very nice work. congrats on the scrap the moments dt!

Kozy Krafter said...

I love how you created this layout!