A new month - a new challenge!!

Over at Scrap Your Crap we are hosting a new challenge - you have to use paints, acrylics, pens, pencils, crayons and any other medium you can think of!!  I chose to use my new Copics!  I used them to add depth and colour to my paper flower centres.  I stacked a paper flower on a fabric flower, coloured the centre and then sewed some buttons.  I also stamped some butterflies, coloured them and cut them out.  Of course you will also find some stickles in there too - I highlighted some dots on the butterflies and the dots in the background paper.

I seriously can't remember for the life of me where I got this sketch from for this layout, but will add it as soon as I find it! I made my own circle background paper.  First I cut out a circle, then cut it in half.  I then pleated some paper and added it around the edge and finished it off with some yellow ric-rac.




 
Here you can see some pearls that I added to the layout and I also raised a photo up with 3D foam dots.  I love pre-matted photos - it's so easy to add them to your layout!  You can also see the pleats up close here too.
 
Here is my flower - I found that with Copics you can create different depths of colour just by letting one coat dry and then going over it again!  I had to be really careful not to press to hard on the paper flower otherwise the pen would bleed into it.
 
These are the butterflies that I stamped.  You can just make out the little sparkly dots that I added with Stickles.
(Yay I found it!!  I used a sketch from Sketchabilities for this layout!)

2 comments

Candace said...

This is adorable, Sarah!!

Unknown said...

love this.