For the little men in our lives

While it's Father's Day over in the US, we celebrated the Queen's Birthday with a long weekend.  The babes are having a weekend crop and I decided I would go with the "boy/male" theme and make a mini album for some friends that are visiting who have not long had their first baby.

The album itself is from Creative Memories, and comes with a front and back flap and 12 white pages.  I then used a DCWV 6x6 stack and added some co-ordinating papers.  I also found some stickers, chipboard, bling and ribbon in my stash - I don't get to use boy colours very often and really had to hold back on the flowers - although I managed to add a considerable amount of blue bling - even Coen's name is blingy!

I also doodled around some tags that I added at the top, and the square at the front - which Coen's parents can pop a photo of him behind.



 
Above you can see the inside of the album and all the different papers I used.  Some have dots, swirls, and lacy (but not girly) patterns.  This stack is actually a boy themed stack.  It also came with punch out scallops, tags, tabs and other little bits and pieces which I used.  I also used some velum tags that have "firsts" written on them.  I wanted this album to be simple enough for Coen's mum Karine to be able to document as much or as little as she wanted, or add her own embellies and touches herself (she's just started scrapping).  I also wanted the album to be easy to fill as we all know how demanding little people can be in their first few months.

If you happen to spot this Karine before I give it to you - I hope you like it!  Can't wait to catch up with you all!

2 comments

riablahgs said...

Wow, this is amazing! I am thinking of making a mini-album giveaway for my daughter's 13th birthday next year... This can be a good treat :)

Amanda Sevall said...

What an adorable gift album!!!