Toothy Pegs

Sketchy Thursdays is having a June Guest Design Team Challenge and I thought I'd give it a whirl!  I love the sketch and it's a real challenge for me to use "negative space".  I always want to fill it with something, and I may end up doing some journaling after I have a think of where to put it!  Maybe a pull out tag or something.  The layout I created is of Sophia showing off her first two teeth - or "toothy pegs".  I layered some hydrangea flowers and added some cute little face stickers that I bought ages ago!  I used a lot of scraps on this layout - bits of ribbon, punched paper and a tiny piece of pp that I cut into little pictures.  I even used my green Copic marker to create a border around the green Bazzill.  There's also some black pen doodling, some tiny yellow pearls and a tooth sticker that says "My 1st Tooth".  I pleated some ribbon and adhered some of the elements on 3D foam dots for texture.


 
Here's a closeup of the flowers.  There are tons of little faces to chose from - given the amount of grief those little teeth have given us you'd think I'd put grumpy faces in the flowers - but after they erupt it's all smiles.  Sophia isn't much of a dribbler either thank goodness.  Being in daycare I see lots of dribbly teethers!
 
Don't you just love the little tooth letters!  I bought them a while back knowing that I would use them for Sophia's tooth layouts - I also used them for Amber when she had some teeth removed!  I raised them on 3D foam dots.

4 comments

Laurajean said...

what a cutie pie...gorgeous layout ;)
Good Luck with the June Guest DT spot :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooooooo cute!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee those smiley face flowers!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

soooo cute!

KellyCali said...

Way too cute!! Sarah, you make 'negative' space, look downright, positively adorable! Love all the little smiley-faces! They make me smile! XO