Mother's Day Cards

I had a lovely day yesterday with my family!  First I got breakfast in bed, then I got to lounge around in my pjs and watch tv for the morning before going out to the shops for a wander.  It was nice and relaxing, and just what I needed since I'm feeling quite under the weather.  I received the Avatar and New Moon DVD, and an Avatar t-shirt - which actually fits!!  Woohoo - yay for loosing weight when I'm not even trying!  Later on in the day I got to have a nap (actually I fell asleep during a movie!) and woke just as Jas was heading off to work.  Sophia and I both had a really late nap.  Then just when I should be settling down to watch some tv at night when both girls were in bed - my mojo struck and I made two cards.  One for my mum, and the other for my MIL

 
This one is for my mum, I stickled some of the circles in the bg paper, pleated some ribbon, doodled some borders and stamped the cup and teapot on cream card which I then stickled.  I had the word Lily in bling for some time and was just waiting to use it on something for my mum.  Her name is Lillian, but most of the time gets called Lil, so I got to use the bling!  I also found some flowers in my stash and popped one of them on too. (I stickled it's centre).  Mum's favourite colour is blue which is why I chose the blue theme.

This is the card I made for my MIL Rose.  Her favourite colour is yellow, so I chose yellow papers, ribbon and stickles.  You can't see it here, but the little dots in the butterfly wings have been stickled along with the teapot and cup.

Both of these cards were inspired by a sketch over at Cardabilities which is an awesome blog with tons of inspiration and talent!

5 comments

Unknown said...

these are so cute. I love, love, love the teapots

Liz Weber said...

Oh how adorable is the teapot, I just adore your whimisical and pretty card, thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cardabilities!

Unknown said...

I love the little teapot!! So cute! Love your take on the sketch!!

WendyG said...

Sounds like you had a really relaxing mothers day.
Love the cards, those teapots are absolutely adorable.

Nicole said...

Great work, Sarah! Those teapots are awesome!! Glad you enjoyed the Cardabilities sketch! Check back tomorrow for #3! It's another good one!! Nicole