Playing with buttons...

We are playing with buttons over at Practical Scrappers this week!  I don't have a huge collection, but I do like finding odd shapes, sizes and coloured buttons.  The buttons I have chosen are big, clear with etching on the back and go with anything!  I just haven't been able to use them on anything yet!  Until now.  I used my buttons as the centre of my flowers, but they are subtle and don't detract from the layout in any way.  I also used some letter lace paper in the background, a symbol for the amount of times Sophia climbed up and down that ladder - whilst saying uh ah - cause she knew it was the wrong thing to do!  She looks like she's really high up, but in fact I held the camera down low and pointed it up at her.  She's on the first and second step.  And her daddy was right behind her whilst I was busy snapping photos.

The other things you will see in this layout are journalling strips that I inked in pink to help them stand out.  I hand drew some uneven scallops and then cut them out and adhered them with 3D foam dots.  The title is sparkly and placed in steps for obvious reasons.  I stickled some parts of the camera stamp, and doodled some borders in black ink.


 
Here's a little close up which helps to show the etching on the buttons, one has dots, the other stripes and the far one has a flower.  I also distressed the edge of the green paper with my scissors.

This is also my last layout designed for Practical Scrappers - it's been so much fun meeting other designers and seeing so much inspiration in everyone's projects that joins us on the site!  Thanks for having me Angela & Christine!!

3 comments

Unknown said...

lovely layout. love the big numbers, the pretty sheer buttons.

Tabbetha said...

how cool is that photography! What a great lo! I luv it!
Also I haved something for you on my blog, stop by when you get a chance! Have an awesome day! Hugs...Tab

Tracy S said...

Love the pics and the placement of them... Love the whole things actually. Fun LO!