We love the library!!

Yes I have taught my girls the love of books. I myself read every night before I go to sleep - it's my way of winding down from a busy day, and it's so peaceful and completely uninterrupted!

So what do we do on a quiet day at home - we go to the library!!  This was Sophia's first trip and she loved it!!  She immediately went to the shelves and started choosing books, while Amber found her books easily and sat down to peruse them.  The girls also enjoyed playing with the wire bead maze.

This layout has been created for Practical Scrappers Chipboard challenge.  I used chipboard corners and brackets.  I stamped a black ink pad directly onto the corners, and for the brackets I stamped a patterned stamp onto the ink pad and then applied it to the bracket to get the dotty pattern.  This layout was inspired by a layout I saw over at Inspired Blueprints - the centre where the title is, is actually raised.  This photo will show you this a lot easier than I can describe:

 
The patterned paper has been folded to create a pleat - which raises it in the middle.
 
Here you can see the title a little closer - I also added some stickles to the flower to make it sparkle - it's a paper flower that I cut in half.  I doodled a border around the edges of the photos.

2 comments

laterg8r said...

we love the library too :D

do you go to storytime?

i can't read before bed, i'd never go to sleep :D

Sarah Lou said...

LOve this layout. I am so addicted to my library i go a couple of times a week. what a fantastic thing to scrap about!