Make It Merry Blog Hop

Hi and welcome to the Make It Merry Blog hop for Adornit!! Can you believe it's nearly Christmas - well if you need some inspiration, start at the very beginning of the blog hop and feast your eyes on some gorgeous Christmas creations that you know you are going to have to make, then hop along to all the other blogs along the way!

Okay so I have created something special for you all! It's a Matchbox Christmas Advent Calendar

24 matchboxes all covered in Christmas paper, and decked out in embellies then filled with chocolate - what more could you want? More pictures perhaps?
All I did was buy some matchboxes from Riot (craft store), wrap them in Christmas Themed PP from Kaiser Craft, stack them in a tree shape then embellish with little things I found in my stash (ribbons, brads, bling, stickers, bells, flowers). I then used 5 different sticker fonts to create the numbering (I didn't put the numbers in order so that the girls would have to hunt for the chocolates), then I filled the little drawers with foiled chocolates that I bought at Big W. It's got a bit of weight in it now that the chocolates are in!

For more fun - hop on over to Rhonda Sue's blog!

26 comments

laterg8r said...

that is FANTASTIC - seriously awesome, bet the girls love it :D

2amscrapper said...

What a fantastic idea!

Scrapthat said...

CUTE! I love advents!

Mercedes said...

That is absolutely adorable!!! TFS!

Colleen said...

This is so totally cute! Very clever idea!

Viji Siddharth said...

Very unique! Love it!

Sophia said...

CUte...

BethieJ said...

This is DARLING!! Such a FUN idea!!!
Happy Hopping!

Anita said...

Super cute Sarah.

Janelle said...

so fun!! ♥

Ms D said...

Soooo neat! Love this idea!

Georgana Hall said...

I love your photography and your project! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us... cyber hugs from Adornit!

Nadine Carlier said...

What a great idea, TFS!

BabyBokChoy said...

By far one of the most creative projects on the hop, love it!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

LOVE this project.

Tracy said...

I love your project ... tfs ...

CathQuillScrap said...

Such a fun idea... your girls will love looking for chocolates each day.

cinmfoster said...

What a great Advent!

toni said...

wow, how cool is this! Very creative and fun!

dhillman said...

that is adorable!! great idea

pattyb said...

What a great idea. I wanted to make an easy Advent calendar this year...I think I am going to try this.

Samantha said...

Awesome!! Such a great idea!!

riablahgs said...

this is a very wonderful project!

Peggy said...

very creative - thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

That is so very cool!!!

Marygail said...

What a fun take on an advent calendar! Great job!