A multicultural assignment

My Diploma is nearly at it's end - I may have written a while back that I've unofficially finished my Diploma of Children's Services - I did that 2 months ago. Now I'm just waiting for my last few assignments to come back marked. Well today I got 3 back, and one of them was my little Maori Colour book that I created. It was for a Multicultural assignment that I had to make. I had so much fun making it, as I will be able to use it in my classroom when I return to work. It's all laminated and very durable for little hands. The book is based on a song that I was taught when I was in Primmer One in New Zealand (equivalent of Pre School or Prep). I gathered all my pictures from Google Images (awesome resource!)All I did was purchase some coloured card for each page, and then ran them through my printer to print the words. I printed out the pictures and journalled a little about each. So the book is not only good for learning colours, but Maori words, tradition, and places. I added ribbons cause kids love looking at shiny things and being able to feel things too! It also holds their attention while reading! Here's a look inside:
Okay so I'd love to upload all the other colours (red, green, black, yellow, orange, brown, blue) but blogger is playing games and uploading them wrong. But you get the idea.


Click here for the actual song - you can hear someone sing it

4 comments

Candace said...

This is a wonderful learning too and it is super cute, too!

Candace said...

I meant tool!

Lauren said...

So super cute. I just love your stuff.

You have some awards waiting for you over at my blog! :)

Julie Camacho said...

veRY CUTE!!