Munching on a lizard

This is one of my favourite photos of Sophia at the moment - she loves this little Pink Lizard of Amber's. It's squishy, and bouncy and oh so fun to chew when your gums are sore - it stretches too! Sophia plays with it in the bath and out in the lounge. The large photo caught Sophia playing with her lizard, but it looks like she's trying to smoke it! God help me if this is a sign to come! I also hope this is the one and only time I catch her eating lizards too!The base paper is from my new DCWV stack - it looks like wood - which is perfect to go with the Doodlebug critter paper. I wanted to put in a touch of pink too so I used some paper flowers and a little flowery pp that I ran through my scallop punch.You can see that I used two rows of deliberately uneven stitching as a border - and to adhere the pp to the base cardstock. The little owl is a rub-on, and the flowers have a brad in the centre of them.I added some little butterflies that I bent up a little to give dimension, and there's also a little rub-on hedgehog.
And lastly I added a little card that I put my journalling on - then I put a small list of the other toys that Sophia loves to play with. This is tucked behind the main photo. I stapled the green organza behind the top of the card.

6 comments

Lauren said...

Thanks for coming back to visit me again! I *love* your blog. I used to be a very active participant in mail-art sites (I've been so busy I had to stop...sigh), and I love to craft. I decided this summer I finally need to craft for myself and make a scrapbook. Your blog has amazingly cute ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

MaryRC said...

love that scrapbook page, what a talent you are.. i think ive only recently stopped chewing on rubber bouncy toys myself, so i can totally understand why she does what she does.

laterg8r said...

totally love that you caught this hilarious moment! made me gasp when i read your title, i thought, "oz has lizards"! so glad it was a toy LOL :D

PanRagon said...

That is just incredible! I'm speachless... I wish I could make something beautiful like that.

Thanks for visiting me today. You know how exciting it is to meet new blogfriends;-)

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

Lani said...

Very cute page- I agree, you are very talented!

I'm having a Blog For a Cure Blog Party next week at www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com! Please stop by if you have a chance!

Steph Jordan said...

What a cute blog. Love them babies :-)

Thanks for visiting. I'll be back, lots :-)
Steph Jordan