Icing Biscuits

Do you remember when my sister came for a visit from Sydney - she iced biscuits with Amber and then they had a competition to see who's was best (I think the judge - daddy - was biased). Well I scrapped the photos lastnight. Amber had so much fun with her Aunt!I used the same colour blue as Amber is wearing in the photos for the base of the layout - then I found some "writing paper" pp which reminded me of an old recipe page. Then I created a wash cloth/tea towell from a scrap of paper. I crushed it up several times and then added some stitching around the edge. I also added a real tag that I found on a tea towell that I own. Then I simply added some cute baking embellies from Jolies Boutique. The inspiration for this layout came from Page Maps.

Here's a close-up of the "cloth". The centre is raised with a couple of 3D foam tape strips to create dimension, and you can see the tag sewn into the edge - to make it look a little more real. I played with the look of the cloth a bit til I was happy with the way it was sitting. There are little sparkles on it too that are part of the print.

A little close-up of some of the embellies and the torn edge of the "writing paper" pp.

1 comment

laterg8r said...

i super love that tea towel - clever :D