A little birthday cheer

One of our dear friends celebrated his birthday on Wednesday and today we got to go out and have breakfast with him and his wife and brother. It was such a lovely day for breakfast on their patio! Well during the week I let Jas go out and find the perfect present - and late lastnight, I realised that he didn't get a card to go with it! Jas has never been one for cards - even I don't get them from him, so I thought I better whip one up. Here is what I came up with - with a little inspiration from "tracyscraplady4life" over at 2Peas


The recipient of this card is an avid golfer and when I saw (the original) card I knew I had to make it! It may be a little hard to see, but the golf ball has been embossed with dots just like a real golfball, then I gently coloured over it to help highlight the "dents". The ribbin is actually twill, and the sentiment is raised on 3D foam and had the edges inked. I stamped a line of party hats inside then added our little note.

Now are you ready for your heart to melt?!?! My sweet little Sophia had a moment of dress-ups on Friday. You see Amber was attending a disco at school and while her daddy was off picking her up - I was at home trying to neaten up her Aurora wig so that she could be transformed into Sharpay (from High School Musical). For a bit of fun and amusement I put it on Sophia - here are the resulting photos - she had a ball!

Isn't she just adorable!!!! And perfect for wigs cause she has no hair to hide or pin up (like her sister) The wig lasted all of about 2 minutes before she ripped it off laughing and pulling at the hair! Maybe I should try the red Ariel wig next?!.....

13 comments

laterg8r said...

those wig pics are soooo adorable!

jacque4u2c said...

The card id great - but those pics are just wonderful - TOO CUTE!

Ashley said...

LOL! Great card and those pictures are too funny!

Unknown said...

that is soooo cute! hehe. Love your card and how you set it up for photography. Cool!

Katherine said...

fun card - love the play on words. Too bad I don't know any golfers...

The wig photos are a hoot! I have some halloween wigs put up. I'll have to dig them out and see if McKenna will be a cooperative model :)

Mary K Brennan said...

Looks like she's ready for Hollywood. Very cute.

That Girl said...

such cute pics!
Hi, stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Cute card and those wig pictures are a riot!

Kathy said...

Omgosh!! What great pics!! Priceless! Can't wait to see the layout!

Lisa Anne said...

OMG at first glance I thought that was a fake baby doll. then I saw the face experession was different on the 2nd picture. I must really be tired today.

Visiting from sits

Julie Camacho said...

The card is great! She actually looks like a doll! How funny!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That card is too cute!

Audrey (the Hepburn House) said...

Oh, I Love that card! My dad is a golfer so I'm going to have to lift that!