Back on track...

Okay, so I'm back feeling happy again. After speaking to someone at college, that couldn't believe that I had been marked so unfairly and said that there are plenty of women on maternity leave who are still studying. She said all I have to do is send in my stuff and she'll mark it correctly. She can't even ask the girl who signed off my module because she's gone - lasted for only 1 week and then took off. So there you go - I also did some scrapping today - cause it makes me feel like I can do something.

Forgive me - but my layout looks really crooked here - it's my scanner, the layout isn't this crooked IRL. Just some funny photos of Sophia I took last weekend, pulling all her wonderful faces and trying to talk to me. I created the apple and raised it on 3D foam tape. I also doodled around the edge. The buttons are stitched to the layout and the title lettering was bought at a $2 shop - so cheap! Here's a closeup of the apple:

You can see the buttons a little better, the apple is in 3 pieces - the leaves are separate, and the lettering is very sparkly and silver.

Now I've decided to start something new at my blog - I figured it would be nice for my readers to come away learning something interesting. So I've decided to find the origins of many of our most common phrases - like the one in my layout "Apple of my Eye". We use it all the time, but where does it come from? Turns out it refers to the central aperture of the eye and dates back to King Aelfred (the Great) of Wessex, AD 885 - it refers to someone who you cherish above others (I love both my children equally, I just liked the phrase and thought it fit with the photos)

Tune in for more phrases - we might all learn something, there are some really bizarre ones that I'll be listing here soon.

5 comments

Rainy Day Farm said...

Hi there,
You do such a great job scrapbooking. I enjoy looking at your layouts.

Ashley said...

Awesome layout and thanks for the history lesson! I love learning new things! :)

Shayla said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. sorry it's taken me so long to stop by. I really like you pages and how you show the details! great blog and beautiful page! I love the way you did the title!!

Talin HG said...

Glad to hear you got things at school figured out I would hate to see you suffer unfairly. Love the layout, your layouts are amazing.

Theresa said...

Hi.. i really like the layout and how you did the Apple shape for the word... cute..