School's in...

Just a quick post - I'm entering a challenge over at SB.com. You have to create a layout based on a sketch from Page Maps (awesome site!). Then I browsed the Page Maps blog and there is a challenge for this exact sketch! So I can enter two challenges! Here's my layout:
Note: the flower isn't this bright in real life, it's more a deep blue and looks better than this scanned version. It's also not that squished.
I actually made the blue pp scalloped border design. I didn't have any pre made stuff, and given that it's 10'clock at night, I probably can't pop down to my LSS to buy any. I'm glad that when I took Amber shopping about 6 months ago for scrapping supples, she spied these cute little clear backpacks full of themed brads - all she wanted was the backpacks, and they were on sale. I bought them and now I'm finally able to use the goodies from inside. That's one of the school themed brads in the centre of the flower. All black lines you see are hand drawn by me. Oh and Amber wasn't quite smiling in the big photo because of the sun - she's very sensitive to it.


Update: Here's a closeup of the flower and you can see it's proper colour:

6 comments

Candace said...

I love it! And I love PageMaps, too!!

Talin HG said...

Your layouts are amazing...thanks for sharing. She is a cutie...I would have never guessed grade 3 though she looks so young.

Ashley said...

Amazing layout! Then again, your layouts are always amazing!

FairyKisses05 said...

oh wow! its beautiful! I love the flower. What A cutie!

Margy said...

What a gorgeous LO! I love Pagemaps, and you did a great job on this challenge!

name said...

lovely layout, as always!!