A baby keepsake

Today I'm sharing a keepsake box that I made using a template from My Scrap Chick.  It was really easy to assemble, with clear guidelines that I printed and then traced onto cardstock.  I cut it all out with my scissors and then constructed using my hot glue gun.  There is a lid and a base.  The lid has a little tie and vest, which I cut from patterned paper.  I doddled stitching around the edges and inked.  I added glittery star "buttons".  The tie is raised on 3D foam squares, and the vest is raised also to give dimension.

In the bottom of the box I added a blue stripy straw with bow.  This is then pushed into the middle of the diaper cake.  The diaper cake is made up of newborn nappies, rolled up and held together with a strip of tape.  All rolls are held together with a strip of patterned paper.



On top of the diaper cake is tufts of crete paper, and the wrap around the nappies has a die-cut from a baby themed pack from Spotlight.  There are 7 nappies total in the "cake" and the gift box above is still fully functional.


Inside the box you can fit a little hat, socks and a pacifier.  Or you could leave it empty and add the new baby's ankle band, mum's wristband and the belly button clamp for safe keeping.


I made many ruffles of crete paper to create the "frosting" on the top of the little "cake"


The little paper shoes in the photo were made from Bazzill cardstock and twill.  The edges were inked and faux white stitching drawn on.  I added a glittery star from the baby pack, and some tiny black gems.

If you would like to make this special gift box, visit My Scrap Chick to get your template.

I have joined the following challenges:

Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes (w)
Open Minded Crafting Challenge - Boys, men, manly, masculine (m)
Love to Create - Anything creative (2w)
Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything goes (2w)
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything goes (2w)

4 comments

  1. What a great idea! You did a beautiful job! I will definitely check My Scrap Chick out! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is utterly GORGEOUS!!! Oh I so know who would love this right now! My baby sis is about to have a baby boy and she would flip for this gorgeous creation. Stunning hun, I love it to bits, all of it, that sweet box design and those cute shoes, you are so incredibly clever!! Love, love, LOVE!!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beutiful creation and a wonderful design!!! Love the colours and its a brilliant idea!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing what a fab card/present topper - clever YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo