Light My Fire

After a short break the Southern Girls are back and ready to rock on in 2017! We have a host of new sponsors, lots of amazing inspiration from new and original designers and tons of prizes up for grabs.

My first card for the year uses a cute image from Sasayaki Glitter. I coloured it up using my Copics and added some gloss for a wet look.

I had a ton of fun constructing this card.  First I free-hand designed the buildings, which are meant to be off-square.  I added some windows and then cut right through the card front.  Sandwiched between the building shape and the card front is some vellum.  Lastly I fussy-cut some flames in yellow and red card and added them to the windows.  I used a white colouring pencil to add some smoke lines and stickles to add sparkle to the flames.  The left side windows I coloured in with a grey Copic to look like darkened windows.  The stars were made using Liquid Pearls and I doodled a double black line around the edge of the entire card to look like stitching - our challenge theme.  The fun begins when you turn the lights out!

If you put a little battery operated tea-light candle inside the card - it looks like the flames are really lit and the building is on fire!

Finally, I have used the outer ring of the 3-in-1 word rings (Sentiments Pack) from Tanya Leigh Designz.  These are so versatile, and can be used in so many different ways. I cut this ring, and pulled the ends to create a white ribbon.  Living in the country, we come face to face with bush fires every fire season and I am so thankful for our firies and volunteer firies for looking after us and keeping us safe.

The cardboard Fire Engine in the photo was given to my daughter to build after a visit with the QFRS.  She got to climb on board, look at all the levers and play with the fire hose.  The little fire hat was created with red cardstock and I got the template from {here}

I am joining the following challenges:

Crafting by Design - Inspired by a movie (Backdraft)
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes

3 comments

  1. Your card is brilliant Sarah...love the 'on fire' building you've created...very clever!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that is cute! Love your take on this challenge hun. That little firefighters hat, swoon! Utterly brilliant. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and funny card! Thanks for join us at Creative moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo