The North Pole

There's one thing that I would love for Christmas - snow.  Here in Central Queensland it is toasty warm and air-cons on full blast from November to March.

So I have to make do with creating my own little snowy scenes.  This neat little plastic jar ornament was bought at Spotlight.  It comes empty except for a stick of chalk and a black label.

I took the bottom of the jar, and glued a pre-cut snowman and sign to the inside of the lid.  I then added some hot glue and sprinkled on some faux snow.  I gently put the lid back on the jar, easing the snowman and sign into the jar.  I added a little more snow.

At the top of the jar I wanted to add a tag to the silver loop.  Using 2 Tanya Leigh Designz Project Life cards, I trimmed one so I only had the HO HO HO, then matted it onto the green card.  Using a small punch, I added a hole and then added it to the silver loop.


On the back of the jar, you'll find the black sticker.  I wrote my name with the provided chalk.

I found some glittery stickers in my December Daily stash, and added a sentiment to the front of the jar.

This is such an easy and fun gift to make, and all you have to do is shake the jar for a cool snowy scene.

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo