Tag-a-long for New Years

There are so many wonderful parties to attend for New Years Eve, and it's always customary to take something along for the host - so I made a little tag to add to a bottle of bubbles.

I used one pocket of a 9 pocket Ultra Pro sleeve.  I filled it with glitter, stars and black & white discs.  I also added the numbers 2017 which were stickers, so they stay put in the pocket while everything else moves.

I used my Fuse to create the shape at the bottom and seal the top.  Then I added a paper topper with gold doilie.  I created a crate paper rosette and topped it with a Tanya Leigh Designz 3-1 word ring and a Kraft coloured clock.  The word ring was cut and then pleated slightly so I could glue it around the rosette.  The clock was distressed around the edges and then folded to help it sit up slightly.  I added a gem to the centre.  Lastly I added the acetate "Hello" which is raised up and glued at the left and right.

I used some black and white twine and black and silver fiber to thread through the hole at the top of the tag.

Here you can see the numbers a little better - they're part of a clock set that you can buy at Spotlight.  All the numbers are sticky, so I just had to place them in the pocket and they stay put while the tag shakes all the other decorations.  You can also see how the "Hello" is raised in a arc shape over the tag.

This angle shows the texture of the rosette, with the pleating of the word ring and the clock.  I added some tiny gems between the words on the ring.

No comments