Happy New Year Crackers

We are on the home stretch now! Only a few days left of this year.  So much has happened, so many people have left this earth, so many have joined it, I've met and lost new friends, I've created so many things for my home, for friends and family.  I've also worked myself a little closer to finishing my degree in Early Childhood Education.  I hope next year is as exciting, fulfilling and productive as I wish it to be.

For one of my final creations I have used a template from Crafty Ferret Downloads to construct my cracker.  I printed out the outline onto white paper and cut it out.  I traced the pattern onto black Bazzill cardstock and then cut it out. Using my score board, I scored along all the fold lines.  I carefully folded each of the parts and then adhered the sides with hot glue.  This is when you add your treats, confetti and/or fortune to the centre.  You can also add a cracker snap for extra BANG! Lastly I secured the ends with twine.


Aren't they fun! I decorated my crackers with gold doilies, then topped them with a crate paper rosette that I finished with the centre circle of a Tanya Leigh Designz 3-in-1 Word Ring from the Sentiments pack.  I also used a small acetate Film Strip and a Vintage Acetate Clock. I had the acetate words, written in gold in my stash, they were found at a dollar shop.

I added some tiny gems to the stars in the image, and also some gold embossing powder to the wine glasses.  The number are stickers.

This half cracker shows what you can add to the inside - I added some more crate paper and some multi-sized gold stars.  They should make a lovely show when the cracker is pulled apart!

I have added my crackers to the following challenges:
Little Red Wagon - New Year
Hiding in my Craftroom - Any Holiday
Pile it on Challenge - Any Holiday or Celebration
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog - For Someone Special / Happy New Year
ABC Challenge Blog - V is for Varied

6 comments

  1. WoW these crackers are great,just right to celebrate the New Year,I love the black and gold makes them really special fantastic.
    Thanks for sharing your project with us here at winter wonderland,Lyn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo these are so very beautiful and classy looking. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a great idea for celebrating the new year! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
    Hugs, Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing. Thanks for joining the New Year's Challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland.
    Good luck in a draw and all the best in The New Year 2017.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    love your project its stunning
    thanks for playing with us at ABC challenge
    see you around
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT ABC challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo