Day 7 of 31 Days of Halloween

It's day 7! You have joined the 31 Days of Halloween blog hop, this is a most awesome hop of everything spooky, kooky and creepy related. If you hop along and leave love, you might even win a prize!

Today I've made my very first ribbon doll. I found the image {here} and then cut it out.  I added some black paper rosees, bling and stickles.  

Then I punched 3 holes in the bottom of the image and carefully threaded some fibers and ribbons.  

To finish off I added some black tulle - this helped to cover the tops of the knotted ribbon and created some shape to the dolls dress.

I still haven't dressed my table for Halloween yet, so I had to take the photo outside in the portico.  I used my metal dress figure to hold my doll.  I used a clasp and chain from another project to hang the ribbon doll.

Here's a close up of the details.  I tied a small ribbon to her wrist and added black gems to her gloves and necklace.  This was a nice quick project to make after I finished my last assignment for the term!  It's holidays and tons of Halloween fun now for 3 weeks!

Your next stop on the blog hop is ~Alison~

The blogroll:
Terra | Sarah {you are here} | Alison | Amanda | Lyneen |  Susan S |  Shell | Susan R | Lost Coast Portal To Creativity | Monique | ​Dream In Darkness | Airless Chambers | ​Jessica | ​Michelle | Kelli | Kapree | Genny | Sue | Lisa

8 comments

  1. Love your doll, it has a lot of detail. Great home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty lady. She belongs on the dress form.
    the added embellishments really enhance her.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant! Must try a ribbon doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so pretty! I'll have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should get a swap up for these..I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so wicked awesome! I have to give this one a go! Wouldn't a swap be fantastic of these? All the different ways they would be made! Makes my head spin! Love love this, Sarah! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo