I have my own minions!

What a huge week it's been for me.  It was consolidation week at uni, so I got to have a little break from study.  I was busy with home duties, spending time with the girls, crafting and catching up on pocket letters and doing a bit of much needed relaxing.

Then I got a message from my good friend Tammy to ask if I could make a cake and cookies for her son's birthday.

Of course I said yes....I had 3 days to plan and execute something awesome!

The theme was to be minions so I set about researching how I was going to do the cake and the cookies.  I'm no cake decorator, so I needed to pick something that I could actually pull off.  I have made cakes in the past, but only for my girls - 3 cakes to be exact - that are decorated with fondant that is.  This time I was making one for someone else.  I was going to have to pull off a miracle lol

Alex minion, as we affectionately called him, turned out perfect.  I was really worried though, right up until the end.  I'm still learning how to cover cake with fondant, so it was a bit touch and go for a while.  I managed to cover up any imperfections with the blue fonadant pants.  I made the cake vanilla, and coloured it green.  Between the two layers is black butter icing. Alex's favourite colour is green and he loves the Hulk, so I went with that theme.  I also learned how to use silver dusting powder - another first.  The letters and the hat are paper.  The bananas that Alex minion is holding are lollies that I found at a local Cake & Candy shop.

The cookies were kept pretty simple since I was making the cake at the same time.  I just covered my cookies in yellow fondant and then piped on the eyes, mouth and hair.  The goggles were piped last.

The cake and cookies were a huge hit!  I added some sparklers for candles as we had the party down at the park.  The birthday boy had fun trying to blow them out lol

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo