It is a happiness to wonder, it is a happiness to dream

One of the swaps of at the Pocket Letter Pals website is Edgar Allan Poe - I of course was all over that like a rash.  I have to confess that I haven't read one of his books, but love anything macabre.  I knew of the telltale heart thanks to a project Lisa Simpson made so I went with that.  The middle pocket hides the telltale heart! I printed two pictures and layered one on the other.  Then I added stickles and zapped it with my heat gun.  This gave the stickles a wonderful lumpy texture, making the heart even more gruesome.  The papers you see in the pocket letter are actual copies of Poe's written works.  I added gloss, stickles and charms to each pocket for dimension and decoration.

I can't wait to see what my pal sends me!

I found a great picture of a Poe bobble head, so I printed it and embellished with an actual feather, gloss and skull.  I also added wooden shapes, stickers, buttons, and charms to each pocket.  All pockets were inked to age the pictures.
This is the back of the pocket letter.  Lots of quotes, a tag, more inking and pictures.

Here's a walk through of each pocket:

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo