Get tangled up in layers

I never did get on the colouring bandwagon, but after making this card I may just have to make the jump!
This image is actually a colouring page from Fairy Tangle Art who is one of our sponsors over at Southern Girls Challenge this week!  Our theme is "Layers" and when I saw this gorgeous image I new there were many layers that I could colour and create!  I used 2 images to create the pleats on the dress, and coloured them with Copics. I added a little gloss here and there, and some liquid pears to the necklace and little dots on the dress.
The card itself was made using embossed Bazzill and a piece of die-cut paper.  Then I added some shimmery blue cardstock and a wide ribbon.  I normally matt my images, but this one was bold enough to stand alone.  I doodled some lines around the borders too.
Here is a close-up so you can see the layers in the dress and bodice.
Normally I use 3D foam dots to lift my layers but I couldn't find them, so I just used hot glue.  It worked perfectly, and I could shape the layers so that they sat flat at the waist and flared at the bottom which is tricky with foam dots.

Come and join in the fun - you might even win!

I have entered the following challenges:
Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges - Doodled Details
Fairytale Challenge Blog - For the girls only
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes

6 comments

  1. Wow Sarah this is fabulous! Beautiful design and a lovely image, I love the way you've coloured and layered it, so very effective!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is wonderful.
    I like the dress with its colours.
    Thank you for your participation at the Fairytale-Challenge.
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
    laurigami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab job on that fairy tangle dress Sarah! Love the diecut blooms and glittery panel. Gorgeous creation hun. Very clever using hot glue to get the dimension in the skirt! I use Pinflair the same way. Those layers are fab! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye Catching beauty the image is simply fab. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    audsentimentschallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image, a delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo