The Girl Guide Tradition

I can't believe I forgot to post this pocket letter.  I still haven't heard from the recipient, and haven't received theirs yet, but I'm sure it's on it's way.

This is an Australian Girl Guide pocket letter, using actual pages from my very own handbook when I was a Girl Guide.

I absolutely loved my time in my troop, the camping, the friendships and learning knots, climbing, boating and cooking.  I was the leader of my patrol, and even taught others how to make bedrolls and build tents.  I was so excited when my eldest daughter showed an interest in joining, but after a year of doing nothing but colouring in and doing the odd craft, she sadly gave it away.  I found out they hadn't even been camping in 4 years.  So Amber has shared her badges with me to add to this pocket letter.

I've also added some leaves, wood chips, paperclips and bead art.  It's amazing how much Guiding has changed in the 20 years since I joined, but everything I learned has stayed with and helped me over and over again.


No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo