Day 12 - Get your dancing shoes on!

Hi and welcome to everyone from the 31 Days of Halloween blog hop!  If you want to see more of the awesomeness that this blog hop has to offer, the you can find the blog roll on the left in my sidebar.

All good witches need a good pair of heels, and these ones promise to impress!  I picked up these heels for $5 at an Op Shop, they have a band that wraps across your foot and is held in place with a big black button.  They were begging to be altered.  So here goes:
On the big button I have added a black Bazzill rosette, and cute witch digi image by Meljen's Designs.  I coloured it with copics and a little gold stickles.  I also added a skelly, sparkly orange pumpkin and black tulle.
You can see the colour of the digi image a lot better here (it's a bit washed out in the previous photo).  Here you can see a cauldren, paper scrolls, vampire teeth, spider and some decupage paper.
I created a bow and glued it to the heel of the shoe and added a button, the slipped in some test tubes that I filled with Grave Dirt and Werewolf Fur.  There's also a vampire stake (which is actually a pencil) and a bat.
And lastly the toe of the right shoe has a spider, skull, sparkly orange pumpkin and some eyeballs.  These shoes now sit near my hall table with a witches broom, just waiting for the right moment to go and kick up some fun!
Thanks for visiting!

14 comments

Laura S Reading said...

I could sit and stare at these shoes for a very long time if I didn't have to hop.
So much, so many details. What a wonderful imagination!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

How very unique and sweet. Love that you altered a pair of shoes for home décor. Would never have thought of this. Love all the 'little' details you added.

Steph said...

Wow, your altered shoes are amazing! So much attention to detail. What a great idea and super fun work of art.

TangledBlueRose said...

Your decorations are so amazing! Love all the details and I greatly admire your arrangement skills, way beyond me! Love the stamped rosette, cute touch! Great shoes!
~kim

maureenjscott said...

Oh Wow!!! this is awesome! I love that you've altered shoes!! What a great idea. They look fabulous now - love the image and the rosette - great eyes balls too!!! xx

Unknown said...

These are sooo fab I love the creativity

valscraftings said...

Oh my what a great pair of shoes...such a lot of great thinks to look at....those eyeballs are spooky!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Oh freaking brilliant are those shoes! WOW, love everything, so fun and so much to look at!

My Side of Oz said...

Awesome altered project! So many wonderful elements! The digi is great!

Susan Renshaw said...

Very inventive! Love all the elements! Didn't know where to look first!!

Julia said...

This are awesome, so many details.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, how fun! FAbulous details. Sure makes me feel like dancin'! xxD

Unknown said...

What a creative idea! So much to see here!

Christine Kiehl said...

Nice play on words! Some witch is going to have a blast kicking up her heels in these dandy shoes! Love the eyeballs, those are really cool. What is an OP store?