First up I used images from My Grafico - it's an awesome pack of 10 high resolution digi images. I coloured the images with copics then fussy cut them. The volcano sits flat on the card, but I lifted the palm trees slightly with 3D foam tape as well as the lava popping out of the top. The little green dinosaur is raised on 3D foam tape and has a googly eye for character. The footprints have an imprinted look which I created with my scalpel and then layed some "muddy" looking paper underneith. Sophia wanted to help by adding some small puffy sticker dinosaurs which help to add another dimension and a touch of colour.
The sentiment was created using the Flintstones font and then I inked the edge with my copic marker. You'll notice I also used some washi tape along the edge of the card - I used the number 5 because that's how old the birthday boy is!
At the right is a closeup of the footprints. I raised the front of the card on 3D foam tape so they really look imprinted. The feet are a fussy cut-out of the digi stamp image.
I gave this card to Austin tonight along with his dinosaur putt-putt golf game, giant blow-up dinosaur and collectible figurines and he absolutely loved it all. He was so excited that David sent him a message and he had a life-sized dinosaur that he was now taking everywhere!
Ive entered this card into the following challenges:
- Freshly made sketches
- Splendiferous Creations - birthday
- Inky Impresions - For a guy
- The Hobby House - Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create - For a special male
- Pan Pastel UK - Male theme
- A gem of a challenge - Male theme
- Pin & Tack - Anything goes
- Crafty Friends - Favourite colour combo (I'm loving Kraft card at the moment!!)
- The Crafting Cafe - Here come the boys
- Sweet-Pea Stampers - For the children
- Delicious Doodles - All creatures great and small
- Simply create too - for a male
- Charisma Cardz - digi stamps only
- A & T Challenge - Happy birthday
- Papertake Weekly - Hello Boys
- City Crafter Challenge Blog - Masculine