In a flap!

I was so excited to be able to use one of Rick St Dennis's awesome images!  They are the most detailed and full of character images that I've seen!  As soon as I saw this pretty little lady I just knew that I had to colour and bling her up!

Sister Act Card Challenges sponsor this week is Rick St Dennis, and I chose Texas The Vamp and her flapper dress, fur stole and feathers.

I coloured her with my copics, using a dress form that I created for a friend as inspiration for the colours.  I'm still very new to using Copics, so I use a lot of trial and error, but I was really pleased with the blending of the blues and greens in the feathers and wrap as they matched the dress form beautifully.  I added lots of teeny-tiny blings to all the jewels that Texas is wearing.  Some of them are green and others are clear.  Then I fluffed up the stole with brown flocking.  I used Graphic 54 papers to match the image, and some washi tape for the little tags.  The feathers are the same as the the ones I used on my dress form.
You can see the fluffiness a little better here and the jewels.  I also glossed up her eyes so they sparkle.
Copics used: E57, E71, C-3, BV29, YG17, R29, YG23, E00, BG05, B02
This is the dress form that I created for my friend, and from which I gained inspiration for my card :)
Challenges I have joined:

15 comments

Tricia G. said...

Love all the detail!

Lisa T said...

Beautiful card - this image is so precious! I love how you added brown flocking to her stole. Great job!

Dawn said...

Gosh, this is just lovely! Thanks so much for joining our Lady Luck Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Leslie Germain said...

Wow I am so impressed. Love the real feather boa. GORGEOUS!!!

Mema's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card and I too love the detail Rick has in his images. You've honored him well with this creation. As always we at Mema's Crafts appreciate you taking the time to visit us and to play with us. Good Luck and come again real soon.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card,love the image. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

Amanda said...

wow, such a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

hugs Amanda
Shelly's Images DT

The Little Stamper said...

Your card is amazing! I love the colours and textures.

Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week.

Sharon x

mand said...

Such a detailed card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe!
Amanda x (http://mandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/)

Laney said...

Fabulous card Sarah I love how you have done the stole it looks amazing!Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this week
hugs
laney

Vicky said...

Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Natascha said...

Lovely card and so pretty. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at our "Anything goes" Challenge over at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Unknown said...

what a fabby card - Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions xx

Dawn said...

Beautiful card and dress form! The image is so adorable and I just love how you've embellished her with jewels and flocking - so perfect! Wonderful design and layout. Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us at Creatalicious.

Hugs, Dawn

Julie Odil said...

This is wonderful! I love that image and how you colored it. Her fur stole looks real! Great work. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Designs Whimsical Wednesday Challenge -- inspired by a song. Julie O, WD DT member
http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com