The petal skirt was created using some pink ribbon that I trimmed into tear-drop shape and then held in front of a flame (be very careful doing this as I melted a piece of ribbon, which fell on my finger and left me with a blister!).
Anyway, the edge of the petal is gently melted and it shapes the ribbon into a perfect petal shape. I then glued the petals together to form a little skirt. I added some lace trim to the top of the skirt. I also added gloss to the entire surface of the wings, and a little Stickles to the shoes.
I used a sketch from Cardabilities #72 for this card.
I also joined these challenges:
- Party Time Tuesdays - Ribbons and Blooms
- Through the craft room door - Anything Go
- The Pink Elephant - Three Decorative Papers & Your favourite embellishment
- 613 Avenue Create - Flowers
- The Crafty Blogger's Network - Anything Goes
- Pile it On - Handmade flowers
- Crafty Creations Challenge - Flowers or Fairies
- Inky Impressions Challenge Blog - For a child
- 2 Sister's Challenge Blog - Sparkle & Shine
- The Ribbon Carousel - Showers & Flowers
- Whoopsydaisy Challenge - Bling
- Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Fairies