Congratulations!

It's challenge time again at Sister Act Challenge, and this week we are using an image from a gorgeous collection by Milkcoffee! There are so many cute digis to choose from, from every occasion.

I chose this image because it was perfect timing for a baby shower that I was attending.  I used a sketch from Pagemaps (March 2013)

I coloured this image with lots of pink because the mummy to be is having a little girl in 3 weeks!  Since she already has a handsome little man, I thought flowers, pink and bling was the order of the day!  I added a flower brad to the girl's hair and then adorned it with a tiny little piece of bling, then I added one to her slipper.  I didn't want the entire card to be pink so I threw in a bit of colour, added some scallops and a sticker border.
Would you like to see what went with the card?  Okay, here she is:
This is a sweet little baby diaper girl that I created for the baby shower.  This entire baby can be used for the baby once she has arrived.  She's made from 27 newborn nappies, a totally soft and snuggly onesie, a pair of pink mittens, a pair of sunglasses, a cute little hat, a dummy and a little rattle bear.  I always manage to surprise people when I take these babies places cause they look so real when they're wrapped up in a light blanket (as she was today cause it was raining).  Sophia carried her in to the baby shower and got all sorts of looks as she jostled the baby around and tried to stand it on it's head!  I love getting photos back from customers and friends of their new babies actually wearing the clothes! I can't wait for this new precious gift to arrive!!

So come on over to Sister Act Card Challenge and show us what you've made!! You might win something!!

Challenges I have joined are:
Charisma Cards Challenges - Polka Dots
The Crafting Cafe - Let's Celebrate
Moving along with the times - Baby
The Memory Nest - Whimsical Wednesday
Whoopsy Daisy Challenges - Circles
Shopping our Stash - Dollar or Bargain Bin Find (Bazzill I bought for 25c a piece at a closing down sale, the tag came with my daughter's school uniform and has pricing and stamp on the back - free
Bearly Mine Challenges - Digi Days
Papercrafting journey - sentiments
Oldie but a goodie challenge - girly
Crafty Boots Challenges - recycle
Challenges for Everybody - anything goes

18 comments

Claire Dale said...

Very sweet card, and I love the diaper baby! Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Claire xx
CC DT

Leslie Germain said...

Sarah, first of all, I love your card and am so glad that you linked up. But that baby doll for the shower is absolutely ADORABLE! What a sweet idea. It did look real!!
Have a wonderful weekend my crafty friend.
Leslie :)

Karrie said...

Geez louise that baby gave me pause. I thought "oh my, why is that baby's face all wrapped up", then I read it... too funny!! Great card today, and thanks for sharing that funny baby doll!! :)

Lisa T said...

Love your card. You're right - it's perfect for a baby shower! The diaper baby is cool, too - I've never seen one of those before.

Cathy P said...

I love the layout of your card and the papers you chose fro this image. Your diaper baby is adorable! I can see how a new mother would be excited to receive one.

Angel said...

Sarah, that gift is so creative! And such a sweet card to go with it! Love that image!

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Sarah, OMG I thought it was a doll! You are a very clever young lady - I bet this went down very well. Gorgeous card, lovely colouring, thank you so much for sharing it with us. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our use a sentiment challenge. Karen P Paper Crafting Journey Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Sarah~I love all the vibrant colors in your card! She turned out, beauitfully! Happy weekend!
Hugs~
Trisha

rachel said...

amazing baby suit and your card is gorgeous too! Thanks so much for joining us at whoopsi daisy this week and good luck x

Unknown said...

Oh, my word! That is just too stinkin' cute!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is so clever! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so cute, what a brilliant card, and WOW that Diaper baby is something else, what a brilliant creation, Ive seen nappy cakes before but this is fabby, thanks for playing on MAWTT thanks week, Love Hazelxo

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really sweet card and a very thoughtful gift. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Marita said...

Lovely card♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck♥.

Hugs, Marita

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Sarah - Great card and such a pretty image. Love the "baby" gift too ... what fun for the Mum to be!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Helen x (DT)

Dawn said...

Two great projects! Your card is super & the diaper baby is such fun!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe in our Let's elebrate challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the bright colours! And the nappy baby is awesome!
Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Fab card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene Dt