Come to the heart side

I'm a little late posting this, but it's the valentine's day card that I created for my hubby.  He loves Star Wars, so this is a follow on from last years card - which also used an image created by James Stowe.   At Christmas I gave Jas the book of Sith which comes in an awesome red box that opens up and spits out the red book you see in the photo, and has all these goodies inside like maps, napkins, coins, gems etc.  So Darth Vader was the obvious choice this Valentines day!

I used my copics to colour the image (it does also come coloured), and then glossed up some of the helmet, buttons and C3PO's components.  Keeping masculine (which is really difficult for me) I used weathered looking papers, in white black and beige.  I added a strip of bright red Washi tape through the middle - cause it is for Valentine's day after all!  The main image is popped up on 3D foam dots.

This card has been entered in these challenges:

7 comments

  1. Adorable! And I may have to get a copy of the book of Sith. Sorry to nitpick, but it is C3PO :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck

    Caz xx CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, love the images. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so cute, what a great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments and Digi Darla's this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combi of Star Wars and Valentines Card - it made me smile :)
    Just wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs!
    Beate
    CSD GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Adorable Card Sarah! The 7 KIDS team REALLY wants to see you win the Top 3 and be eligible for the challenge prize! To be eligible to win, the card or project you submit needs to use stamps and/or products carried at www.7kidscollegefund.com. We hope you will enter our next challenge with an eligible card so you can win!!! We appreciate your entry and can't wait to see your next creation. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. Thank you for sharing your creation with Ladybug Crafts this month. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo