Today we all stop at the 11th minute of the 11th hour and pay our respects in a minute of silence for our soldiers past and present who have been affected by war.
The poppies that you see on Remembrance Day are a symbol of all the blood spilled in the worst battlefield. Poppies also featured in the poem "In Flanders Fields"
This card is in memory of those we have lost, and those that are fighting. I have family members that were in the armed forces and thank them for everything they did for their country. Thank you Granddad Martin (NZ Airforce) & Uncle John (NZ Navy).
Digi image used: Soldier Boy by Mo's Digital Pencil
- Mojo Monday Sketch
- Mema's Crafts - Anything Goes
- Brown Sugar Challenge - Bingo: Bling, Blue, Embossing (The hat brim and pockets are dry embossed for deffinition)
- Shopping our stash - Best deal ever (The black cardstock! I must have at least 20 sheets for about $1 cause I bought it, along with a ton of other Bazzill colours, at a closing down sale)
- Card Makin' Mama's - Thanksgiving/Thank you
- Twisted Tuesday Challenges - Guys Theme & Tools (I used a distressing tool on my paper edge and a stylus for my dry embossing - oh and my hot glue gun for the flowers.)
- Clear it out Challenge Blog - RED & Anything goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Poppies
- Party Time Tuesday - Thank you
- Delicious Doodles - Remembering
- Crafts and me challenge - Reds
- The Squirrel and the Fox - Flowers, Hats or Horses