I did know what to do with this gorgeous football birdie digi from Doodle Pantry though. It's one of the new releases this month. In the set you'll find pre-coloured and lined digis, papers and sentiments. I chose to colour my own birdie in the New Orleans Saints colours. I have a friend who is a big fan, so I made this card for her. I added the number 9 to the birdie's jersey as that is Drew Brees' number. Yes I had to do a lot of research for this card, colours, numbers and of course the right sized googly eyes!
Now about this card. I used some pre-cut papers for the background. I just trimmed it for the card, then I used some washi tape for the green and tape for the virtical strips. I thought the tape measure looked a bit like the lines that the US football fields have along their border. I used a flower for the scalloped edge around the main image, and I touched up some of the background paper with a gloss pen.
This card has been created for these challenges:
- Mojo Monday - sketch
- Catch The Bug - anything goes
- Delicious Doodles - flowers
- Inky Impressions - for the boys
- Paper Pretties - flowers
- Oldie but a Goodie - Black & Gold Saints Theme Song - the red flower is way over six months old and so faded on one side that I had to touch up the petals with a copic marker!!!
- The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - digi image
- Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
- Stampin' for the weekend - feeling floral