The name is Mater - like Tuh-Mater

My latest card order called for Mater from Cars to be immortalized in Copics and adorned on Bazzill and cork.

A work colleague asked me if I could make it for her nephew.  I absolutely love Mater and was so happy to sit and colour him up and gloss his windscreen to make it all shiny!  I used some leather cord for this towing cord and added a black bazzill hook at the end.

I crumpled the green bazzill a little and then sanded the ridges to give it a banged up look - cause Mater is a little like that - dents, rust and a little wear and tear.  I then used some zig-zag ribbon that looks a little like tyre tracks to me to finish off the card.  I know it's a boys card, but I don't think the ribbon is out of place.
Here's a little closeup of the layers of paper, the brads I added to the corners of the image and the leather cord.  Boy wasn't that fun to work with along with an extremely inexact hot glue gun.  I think I got glue everywhere!!!  Plus I was working on the corn while I was waiting for the windscreen to dry and stuck my hand in it twice - I'm so impatient!!  Inside the card is a strip of the brown with dots paper which I have scalloped, and the sentiment "Happy Birthday" in the Cars font.

Challenges:

11 comments

  1. Oh sarah..this card made me smile. My son is such a big Mater fan! Love the glossy window and that cord for his tow cable is a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining our Orange challenge this week at use it tuesday and I hope we'll see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card Sarah. Love Mater. He is one of my son's favorite characters. Fabulous coloring. The leather cord looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Sarah!
    Such a happy card, thank you to take part in Deep Ocean Challenge Blog!
    Big hugs, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's a fantastic card!! I just love it, wonderful colouring and design, thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is Soo Adorable Sarah! I Love Mater!! 8-) And your Awesome Coloring sure brought him to life! Love all the fab details and embellies too! Great touch with the leather cord and hook! Love it! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darned cute! where did you get that adorable image of Mater? My grandson would soooo love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is adorable...your coloring is amazing! I love all the details and the cork layer. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute, your friend will be so excited and so will the recipient! Thank you for sharing your talent at Stamptacular Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh em gee! This is beyond adorable - I love Mater too :) The gloss is such a perfect touch, and that ribbon, and sheesh, the whole thing. My kids would geek right out!! Thanks so much for playing with jars at Shopping our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!!

    Thank you for entering our Ribbon or Twine challenge over at
    The Paper Crafting Journey !

    I have some BLOG CANDY
    on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute cute card, I know so many little boys that would want it! Thanks for joining us at UIT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo