Grug

May I introduce you to Grug?  He's an Aussie icon and has been around since 1979!  He's a little guy who was brought to life when the top of a Burrawang tree fell to the ground.  He goes about his days in the bush solving everyday problems without fuss.

I personally have never read a Grug story in my life but know of him.  I had to do some research to make this card and came across his very own website - Grug  - which is full of pictures, activities and even his theme song - yep he even made it to TV!

I created this card for a special little 4 year old in my kindy class, whom I was invited, along with Sophia, to her party on Sunday.  Sophia actually lost the card that she had chosen, and I'm now thankful cause after seeing the birthday girl's Grug themed birthday cake, I knew I had to make her a one of a kind Grug card!!  I might add she (and her mum) absolutely loved it!!  I was so excited about giving her the card this morning that I forgot to take photos and closeups!!  Her mum very generously took this photo for me.

Challenges:

3 comments

Nicola said...

What an adorable card Sarah, love the image, wonderful design and that stunning flower! Think I might have to Google Grug now, my curiosity's got the better of me lol!
Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and best of luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Shanna Shands said...

Thanks for the introduction on this fun little critter. I love his story. Wish there were a lot more out there like that. THanks for sharing with ABC.

Anonymous said...

Grug? Think I'm gonna Google it like Nicola. Fab card, image is so cute and kinda made me laugh! Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancy, good luck! xx