Arrr Me Hearties!!

Did you celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day?!  Well I did, and had a ball.  Because I work in childcare I'm lucky enough to celebrate all sorts of dress up and colour days.  This would have to be one of my favourites.  I had my hat, white shirt, brown vest and black pants, then there were the shackles, a flying jolly roger and a cardboard ship.  Tons of fun.  Sophia got to dress up too and was the cutest little pirate you ever did see!!

I created this card with some help from Cardabilities, a great sketch and motivational site, and a digi image from Doodle Pantry - Piratey Ship.  This image is precoloured, and I added some gloss to the waves and top flags and windows.  It's a little hard to see, but there is also some black bling dots in the circular cannon holes.

I used some light pink/red and white striped washi tape to make the frill around the raised pirate image.  It reminds me of pirates all that striping.  I also used some red striped twine to wrap around my card.

If you want to know how to create the frill all you have to do is draw a light pencil line around the circle image in the middle, then carefully start to pleat your washi tape and stick it down and you work your way around the circle.  I placed the pencil line in the middle of the pleated washi tape as I created the circle.

Oh and here is my digi layou that I created for Pirate's Day:
 Just click on the image to make it bigger.  Isn't Sophia the cutest?!  These digi papers and elements are from Sweet Shoppe Designs

7 comments

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh what fun fun projects!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific card, love all the details and glad you had a great time celebrating 'talk like a pirate'!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great card, Sarah. Love the colorful background and wonderful details.

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

What a great idea to use washi tape for the frill on your card!Awesome design on your layout too, btw!
Thank you for playing with us at Cardabilities :-)

Karen said...

Great card Sarah!! Pirate day seems like it would be so much fun to celebrate! I also LOVE your LO!!!! Thanks for joining us at the cardabilities!!

Dawn Frost said...

What a fantastic scrapbook layout Sarah! I love the frills on your card and the colours too!

Valerie said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities! And, I love your layout too:)