I love quilting

Over at Practical Scrappers we are creating all things "quilted" - and this theme is being used on cards first and then layouts.  I've never tried this technique before so I had to google it just to get some inspiration.

This style of card is fantastic for using up scraps!  I dug out some cheerful scraps and cut them into little squares, then I adhered them and hand stitched some quilting stitches along the joins.  I love creating real quilts, so making a card version was just as much fun!!  To emulate the swirly quilt patterns that I make with my sewing machine, I ran my "quilt" through my Cuttlebug using my brand new embossing die.  I handled the multiple layers beautifully!  I distressed the edges of the "quilt" to give it a homely feel and then wondered how to put it on my card.  All I could think of was sunny days, green grass and a beautiful quilt hanging on the line.  So I backed my quilt with green pp, adhering it with 3D foam dots, then I ran a piece of yellow twine along the top and using two mini ladybug pegs - I hung my quilt up!!

As you can see i added some other embellishments: an organza bow, a button bear, a tiny doily, buttons and a ticket.

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo