A little something for my sister

I've been wanting to create a card for my sister, it had to be something special not just any old card.  Then I came across a picture I found on Google Images that would work perfectly as a digital stamp!  I don't know if anyone else in the world remembers these two little bees, but it was a favourite show of mine and my sisters.  The bees are called Mia and Willy and they went on all sorts of adventures and met lots of different insect friends.  Anyway, I knew Mel would remember these two "friends" - which our cabbage patch's mirrored exactly - and I set about making her a card.  It's not a birthday or farewell card, and it's not a celebratory or event card.  It's simply to say "hello" and "I'm thinking of you".  And today I got to, unexpectedly, give her the card myself.  I didn't even have to post it!  She's in Brisbane with her husband visiting and she came to see the girls and I! (Jas is at work - yes on Father's Day!!!)
Do you like their fuzzy tummies?  I used some of my Sparkly Fluff on their yellow stripes to make them fuzzy.  I used a sketch from The Sweet Stop to help build my card.  I also used Copics to colour my image and some clear Stickles on the wings to make them shimmer.

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo