I'm on the Creative Team!!

I can finally tell you my wonderful news!  I am now part of the Doodle Pantry Creative Team!!!  I'm so excited about this, and never would have thought I would be creating cards with such a wonderful team.

I just love the images that Laurie has created.  If you pop over to her website Doodle Pantry you will see that she has many different types of images to fit any reason or season your heart desires.  There are regular challenges, specials and new releases all the time!

The image I have used here is the Quirky Ostrich - isn't she beautiful!  I've actually added some Sparkly Fluff to her body to really pretty her up, and she has a bling choker on.  The sentiment has been raised on 3D foam dots.

You can see in this picture just how fluffy her body is, and in the light it twinkles just a little.

My second card that I made is the Spooky Wreath - and for a limited time is FREE with any purchase!
This image was really fun to work with.  First I printed out two images.  This is the fun part about digital images, you can print out the image perfect every time, and in any size!

Once I had both of my images I began to colour one of them to use as my base - this is a 3D image that I have created for my card.  The wreath is the bottom layer, and the pumpkins and bats are my top layer.  Once the bottom layer was to my liking, I then coloured the pumpkins and bats, then I applied some tiny boggly eyes.  This really brought the bats to life.  I then finished with some grey Sparkly Fluff.  The pumpkins have a little Stickles added.  I set all this aside to dry and then assembled my card.  I just love Halloween colours!  I printed off a sentiment (which comes with the image) and generously inked the edges.  I also added a little red and yellow Stickles.  Then I added a tooth pick so that I could push it through my wreath once everything was dry and assembled.
Here's a little closeup of the bats.  As you can see I colour the image underneith the 3D portion cause it can be seen.  The wreath itself has also been lifted off the card with 3D foam tape.

I coloured both of my digital images with my Copic markers - so what are you waiting for?  Come on over to Doodle Pantry and see all the other new releases, I'm sure you'll find something you like!

12 comments

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful designs and so very cute. Great dimension and coloring. Welcome to the team, Sarah!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous card and congrats on the post.

Scrappycath said...

Woot! Woot! Congrats on the DT spot! They are so lucky to have you. You always make the neatest stuff! I love your wonderful creations!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Such cute cards! I love the fluff that you have added to the ostrich! Such a great idea! Glad to be on the team with you!
Hugs,
Georgia

Lorie said...

WOW Sarah...you did a great job with your card! Welcome to the team!

Karen Howard said...

Hi Sarah, welcome to the team!!! Both your cards are fantastic! Love the fluffy stuff you added to the ostrich, so pretty! Halloween cards are my favorite and yours is spooktacular!

Patti J said...

A big warm welcome Sarah! Your creations are so much fun! Love the dimension you gave both of them - the sparkly fluff is cute as can be!!! Will look forward to seeing what you do next! Hugs!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the sparkly fluff you used on the ostrich and the colour!

Amy Johnson said...

Such cute cards! I love the fluff and diamond necklace on the ostrich and the spooky wreath card is so cute.

Kathy W. said...

Love both cards Sarah! The fluff you added to the ostrich is so creative...great to have you on the team. Looking forward to working with you *Ü*

Lorianna said...

Hi Sarah!!
Love the fluff!!
Have the stuff, just never think to use it!!
Welcome to the Team!!!
Hugs
Lorianna

Patti P. said...

Sarah, both of these are fabulous....I love the girly girl with her choker and pink fluff. The dimension with spooky wreath is so lovely and I love the eyes...perfect touch. Looking forward to being on the team this term as well and working with you. Have a great week.
Patti