Bill

Well if you liked the snake that I featured here the other day, then you'll love this next layout!

In this photo you'll find three very brave girls.  First is Katelyn (Amber's besty), then there's Sophia and on the tail is Amber.

This close encounter was only going to be me and katelyn, then Sophia found us and said she wouldn't go near the snake cause she was "afwaid".  Then Amber said "I'm not going near that thing" but gave up as the line moved along.  Well we finally made it to the head of the line and Amber was convinsed to come and meet Bill.  She made sure the snake handler knew that she would only go near the tail though, nowhere else!

Just as we began to approach the big bench, Sophia came flying across the photo area and decided to join us.  Well since the girls were all sitting on the bench, I was going to be the odd one out up the back - so I decided to leave them to the snake!  Bill the Python is only 5 years old and half his growing size!  He was quite heavy so most of his body is around the back of the girls.  Katelyn insisted that she hold his head, and Sophia just sort of squirmed in the middle.  She wasn't upset or anything, as I wasn't forcing the girls to do this, but I think she felt a little squashed under Bill's weight!  They all got a nice long hold, a pat, and of course Sophia had to have her little chat with him (along with all 535674 other animals at Australia Zoo!)

Now this layout was created for Practical Scrappers - chipboard on a layout challenge.  I used raw chipboard letters and simply doodled inside the shapes.  This was really different for me as I always cover my chipboard either with paint or paper.

Here's a few closeups of the title (I raised it on foam dots) and the journalling box which is a Doodlebug sticker.  The stick is also a sticker which I raised on foam dots.  The black ribbon you see on the top photo was knotted in several places and then I hand stitched little crosses with white thread.  The layout for this page comes from a Page Maps sketch

5 comments

Katherine said...

Great page and very brave girls (and snake :)), love all the details on your LO, and I haven't thought of using completely naked chipboard before - great idea :)

Mel Place said...

love everything except the big a<<
snake,love the detail of the page!
start following today,no more snake...lol,tfs

Blossom inch said...

oh wow Sarah, what a brave girls they are..fun time at the zoo ha. Great page and beautiful anyway and thanks for sharing. Have a fun weekend. Hugs

Unknown said...

Oh my!! that is one BIG snake! eewww just makes me cringe!! They are very BRAVE girls and they appear to be having fun!!
Fabulous page, love all ur elements, great idea with the journaling, love it!

Kylie said...

WOW that is one massive snake!